|ITV transmission date||16th November 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Previous episode||11th November 1987|
|Next episode||18th November 1987|
Mike licks his wounds. When Hilda tries to help he accuses her of interfering and sacks her. Amy Burton moves into No.9. Deirdre feels sorry for Mike and visits him to try and help. He feels nothing matters anymore. Jack tries to get Amy to see she doesn't want to lose her independence and move away from Rusholme but she tells him that she intends to stay at No.9 until she dies. Hilda helps the Lowthers pack away their belongings. She is sad that she'll never polish the fine furniture again. Joan Lowther presents her with some expensive outfits she no longer wants. Ken is annoyed that Deirdre has tried to help Mike. He tells her that Mike is nothing to do with them anymore.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Goldenhurst, Oakfield Drive - Living room
- For the last time, Hilda Ogden appears wearing her famous curlers.
- TV Times synopsis: With the prospect of a wife and family gone, Mike Baldwin finds it very hard to pick up the pieces. Troubled times, too, for Hilda. What does the future hold? And Jack Duckworth's having eyesight problems when he thinks he can see Vera’s mum getting her feet under the table.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,650,000 viewers (5th place).
Jack Duckworth: (about Amy Burton): "If she lived in India, she'd be sacred. You wouldn't laugh if you clapped eyes on 'er first thing in a morning... she looks like Boris Karloff after a busy night in the graveyard, face like a busted boot... and our Vera's goin' the same way."
|November 1987 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|