Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th November 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Previous episode||16th November 1987|
|Next episode||23rd November 1987|
Amy Burton is nagging Jack about having pigeons in the house. Because Mike's phone has been off the hook, Emily and Ivy call round to sort out some business. Susan phones to say that she needs a folder from the flat - Ken insists on going to get it. Vera tells Amy not to leave her bag around when Jack's about. Ken and Mike have an argument over Susan. While Hilda and Mrs Lowther are packing, they are viscously attacked by burglars. Hilda is knocked to the floor - her head badly cut.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Holly Chamarette
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Amy Burton - Fanny Carby
- Dr Lowther - David Scase
- Mrs Lowther - June Broughton
- Alice - Alice Stirrup
- Tilly - Joan Elder
- 1st Man - Jonathan Jaynes
- 2nd Man - Mark Jordon (Credited as "Mark Jordan")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and hallway
- Goldenhurst, Oakfield Drive - Living room, dining room, kitchen and driveway
- Last appearance of Tracy Barlow until 29th February 1988.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike Baldwin certainly has a habit of bring out the worst in Ken Barlow, and today is no exception. Meanwhile, Hilda Ogden's about to say goodbye to her employers, the Lowthers, unaware that fate is going to deal them all a nasty blow.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,050,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005. The version included was that which aired on Granada Plus satellite channel in 2001, which was shorter than the original version by several minutes.
|November 1987 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|