Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||25th November 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||23rd November 1987|
|Next episode||30th November 1987|
Lowther breaks down when the Consultant tells him that Joan has died. Mavis hardly sleeps knowing Derek is only the other side of the door. He tells her that he has to face Angela like a man and not rely on notes. Hilda regains consciousness. Derek returns home to find Angela hasn't read the note. He has second thoughts and decides it would be stupid to leave - he has too much to lose work-wise. He tells Mavis that he's returning to Angela. Mavis is devastated. Jack threatens to leave home if Vera doesn't get rid of Amy Burton. Kevin is forced to break the news to Hilda that Joan Lowther is dead. Hilda is heartbroken.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Dr Lowther - David Scase
- Amy Burton - Fanny Carby
- Casualty Nurse - Christine Moore
- Hospital Consultant - John Arthur
- Policewoman - Caroline Clegg
- Staff Nurse - Linda Jane Holmes
- Paperboy - Julian Walsh
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Bedroom and living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Consultant's office, waiting room, corridor and Intensive Care Unit
- Mrs Lowther (June Broughton) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: The hospital staff have to break the bad news.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,750,000 viewers (5th place).
|November 1987 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|