|ITV transmission date||30th November 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||25th November 1987|
|Next episode||2nd December 1987|
Still in hospital, Hilda is very down and depressed at the thought of Mrs Lowther's funeral. Everyone tells her that she has to think of herself now. Alec returns from Germany. Hilda is delighted when Eddie Yeats visits her. He cheers her up and makes her laugh again. He apologises for not keeping in touch but tells her that he always thinks of her. Vera is upset that Jack and Amy Burton don't get on. Mavis tells Derek she doesn't believe that he'll ever change; he moans about Angela but is too afraid of losing his job and pension to leave her. He tells her that she's wrong; Angela is seeing another man. He tells her all that he needs is proof and then he can be rid of her but keep his job. He tells Mavis that he needs her help. Eddie drops by the Rovers for a drink with Curly, Kevin and Sally. Amy tells Vera she has no intention of staying where she's not wanted. Vera refuses to throw her into the Street and pleads with Jack to give her another chance. When he refuses she tells him that he'll have to go - not her mother.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Ward
- First appearance of Geoffrey Hughes as Eddie Yeats since 7th December 1983. Hughes returned especially in the knowledge that Jean Alexander would shortly be giving up the role of Hilda Ogden and he wanted one final chance to act with her.
- TV Times synopsis: All Mavis Riley wants in life is a man to call her own - so where did she go wrong? Meanwhile, Jack Duckworth regrets ever threatening to leave home. And there's an old, familiar face at the bottom of Hilda’s bed.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,200,000 viewers (3rd place).
|November 1987 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|