|ITV transmission date||28th December 1987 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||25th December 1987|
|Next episode||30th December 1987|
Alec sleeps in the spare room, accusing Bet of flirting with Mike. She tells him that her relationship with Mike is well in the past. Mavis worries as she hasn't heard from Derek. She contacts Edith Wilton but she hasn't seen him. Kevin clears No.13 of Hilda's furniture and agrees to hold a party in the empty house. Bet is upset when Alec asks her how he's to know which of their customers she's slept with. Mavis learns that Derek hasn't been at his bedsit since before Christmas. She fears something awful's happened. Jenny takes off Patrice's ring and goes to the Websters' party. She is pleased when Gary Grimshaw dumps Lisa Woods and makes a play for her. She encourages him. Shirley and Curly become close at the party and he walks her home. Lisa is horrified to find Jenny kissing Gary. She calls Jenny a rotten bitch and storms out saying they both deserve each other.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Unknown address in Withington
- Derek Wilton (Peter Baldwin) is credited but doesn't appear.
- First appearance of Shirley Armitage since 5th August 1987.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis is fretting for her long-lost Derek. Bet and Alec aren't on speaking terms. And Jenny Bradley needs a bit of excitement in her life, but the consequences - as always - put her in people's bad books.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,850,000 viewers (4th place).
|December 1987 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|