Kevin and Sally start to knock the house around, taking all the old cupboards out. The factory girls worry when Mike cuts back orders. Sally is amazed to see Amy Burton pocketing a tin of salmon in the Corner Shop. She doesn't tackle her as she doesn't want to offend her. Lisa Woods tells Jenny she's ruined her life and she's going to make sure Patrice finds out that she's a cheat. Sally tells Alf about Amy shoplifting. Mike refuses to take any more denim orders. Patrice arrives to Jenny's delight. Gloria is thrilled when Mike gives her a lift home. Patrice tells Jenny that he can't live without her and doesn't want to wait two years before they marry. Mike buys Gloria a meal and they spend the evening together. He tells her that he's getting over Susan.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Flat 2, 41 Ashdale Road - Living room/kitchen
- First appearance of Ida Clough since 29th July 1987.
- TV Times synopsis: Jenny isn't the only who who's looking forward to seeing her French boyfriend, but Patric arrives from Paris having made one or two decisions for himself. Meanwhile, Vera Duckworth's mother is beginning to arouse suspicions in the corner shop.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,150,000 viewers (3rd place). This was the highest-rated episode of the year.
|January 1988 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|