Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th January 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Paul Abbott|
|Previous episode||4th January 1988|
|Next episode||11th January 1988|
Jenny wants to stall for time as Patrice rushes her into marrying as soon as possible. Patrice tells Alan his intentions. Alan is astounded and tells them that there's no way he will agree to them marrying. Gloria is pleased that Mike could talk to her about his plans. Sally sees Amy Burton pocket a jar of coffee in the Corner Shop. Vera is surprised when Amy starts giving her presents. The building society surveyor looks over No.13 for the Websters. Lisa Woods tells Patrice that Jenny stole her boyfriend. Jenny tells him that Lisa is lying and is obviously jealous of their love. He believes her. Mike enjoys watching the girls get into a panic over what his plans are for the factory. Jenny doesn't want to get married on the sly. She tells Patrice that she doesn't want to rush into things. Mike tells the girls denim is no longer selling well so they're going to switch production to curtains as they're cheaper to produce. He warns them that the work rate will be less so they'll have to work harder to earn their wages. He tells them they are free to leave if they don't like the idea.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Amy Burton - Fanny Carby
- Lisa Woods - Ruth Whitehead
- Patrice Podevin - Franck Dubosc
- Barry Oldfield - David Birrell
- Roger Morris - Colin Bower
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Flat 2, 41 Ashdale Road - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: There's unrest in the factory where the workers are beginning to wonder whether 'change' means redundancies. Meanwhile, Jenny Bradley's engagement to Patric could be short lived, if the gossip is anything to go by.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,700,000 viewers (4th place).
|January 1988 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|