Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th January 1988 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Jane Woodrow|
|Director||John Michael Phillips|
|Previous episode||6th January 1988|
|Next episode||13th January 1988|
Patrice accuses Jenny of stalling him and not wanting to get married. She doesn't know what she wants. Ida, Ivy, Vera and Shirley are horrified to discover the basic rate will be 20% less. The girls demand that Ida brings the union in but Ida tells them the union won't be bothered as they don't pay their subs. They blame her for not collecting them. Ivy feels they should bargain with Mike but Mike refuses to talk to her. Patrice discovers that Jenny kissed Gary Grimshaw but she tells him that it was only a Christmas kiss. Alf and Audrey watch Amy as she shops and tackle her about shaving cream she hasn't paid for. Alf grabs her bag and finds the shaving cream but she swears that she doesn't know how it's got there. Audrey advises Alf to let her go when she creates a fuss. Patrice warns Gary off Jenny and is shocked to hear that she took his ring off for Christmas. Ida tells Mike it's obvious he's making money and accuses him of exploiting the girls. He tells her that she's fired.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room, office and loading bay
- TV Times synopsis: Confrontation in the factory when Baldwin's latest changes bring out the worst in the workforce - but who's going to suffer the backlash.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,250,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1988 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|