Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th January 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Paul Abbott|
|Previous episode||18th January 1988|
|Next episode||25th January 1988|
Kevin tells Sally that they're going to pay back her debt. Emily tells the girls that Mike is working them so hard to get out a big order. They are furious that Mike has cheated them into working all hours so he can make a big profit. Kevin realises everything is going to have to be put back the way it was at No.13. Martin can't believe it. Don is appalled when Ivy tells him how Mike has used his workers. He tackles Mike, telling him that he's not being fair. Ken agrees with him when Don tells Mike he can't go treating people like dirt. Mike refuses to listen to them. Don accuses him of raking in blood money. Ivy fears his outburst could lose her her job. Sally is thrilled when Alf agrees to sub her a month's wages so she can pay off her debt. Ivy tells Mike he's not going to get good results from the girls whilst Connie Parker is breathing down their necks. Vera has enough of Connie bossing her around and tells her to shut up. Connie reports her to Mike and is astonished when Mike tells her that she's fired; she's served her purpose. He gives Ivy the supervisor's job. Sally urges Kevin to apply for a mortgage in his name. He tells her to give Alf his money back; they'll repay her debt out of their savings. Gloria is upset when Mike breaks a date. Bet warns her that Mike will hurt her.
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- TV Times synopsis: As one door opens, another one slams in your face - at least, that's the way the Websters are seeing the start of the new year. And there are fireworks in the factory when Ivy Tilsley sticks her neck out for her workmates.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,950,000 viewers (4th place).
Alec Gilroy (about Mike Baldwin): "Smooth lecherous little Cockney he might be. But there's not many of the boss class left like him... dedicated to grinding the faces of the working classes and laughing all the way to the bank. Now that's what I call job satisfaction, that."
|January 1988 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|