Ivy isn't pleased that Don is a regular gambler. Kevin fills out a mortgage application for Weatherfield Building Society. He worries as the form asks if he's ever been refused a mortgage. Pensioner Harry Ashton applies for a paperboy's job at The Kabin. Don is owed money from a fellow gambler. As he doesn't have any money, Don takes a load of keep-fit stuff in lieu. Ivy lets him store it all at No.5. Curly takes Shirley out to the pictures to see Nightmare on Elm Street, 3. Kevin decides to talk to the Building Society and be honest with them.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: As the Websters prepare to have another go at getting a mortgage, Sally’s past money troubles put a strain on their relationship. Meanwhile, a shortage of labour in the Kabin brings about its own surprises.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,400,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1988 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|