Rita agrees to give Harry Ashton a chance and takes him on as a paperboy. Mavis worries that he'll have a heart attack. Don books a stall on the market to sell the exercise wheels. Ivy refuses to help him sell them. Kevin tells the Building Society about Sally's debt and how he's repaid it. His honesty is applauded and he is helped in filling out the form. Don shows Ivy a receipt for the exercise wheels to prove they're not stolen. She agrees to help him on the stall as a plant. Mavis is put on the spot when Harry asks her out for a meal. She agrees as she feels she can't refuse.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin
- Weatherfield Building Society
- This episode marks the final writing contribution by H.V. Kershaw, the programme's first script editor, its third producer and long-term executive producer who guided the programme for most of the 1960s and early 1970s.
- TV Times synopsis: Kevin Webster decides to come clean with the building society, whatever the consequences. And there's mutiny in the Kabin when Rita gives a job to a needy applicant.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,300,000 viewers (4th place).
|January 1988 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|