Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||3rd February 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||1st February 1988|
|Next episode||8th February 1988|
Gail organises a family party to celebrate Sarah's first birthday. Don tells Ivy he'd like them to take a market stall long-term Bet reminds Alec that they never had a honeymoon and asks him to organise one. He tries to get out of it, saying he has to run the Agency and the pub. Ivy tells Don that as Sarah's never been Christened she baptised her herself with water whilst babysitting once. The Tilsleys throw the party for Sarah. Harry Ashton takes Mavis out for a meal. She feels awful as he's a pensioner and orders an omelette as it's cheap. Brian tells Gail he feels they should buy a house together. She isn't keen as she likes things the way they are. He feels that she's refusing as they're not married so proposes. She avoids giving him an answer.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Priscilla Millbanks - Nicola Stephenson (Credited as "Nicola Stevenson")
- Wayne Pickles - Julian Walsh
- Harry Ashton - Keith Marsh
- Pauline Lofthouse - Judy Hawkins (Credited as "Pauline Loftus")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Downstairs rooms
- Jim's Cafe
- Steak house
- TV Times synopsis: How can Mavis say 'no' to a keen admirer? And how is Bet supposed to squeeze a much-belated honeymoon out of tight-fisted Alec? Meanwhile, Brian Tilsley's plucking up courage for a quiet word with Gail, regarding their future.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,600,000 viewers (4th place).
|February 1988 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|