Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd February 1988 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||17th February 1988|
|Next episode||24th February 1988|
Gail decides to bring the wedding forward. She is annoyed that Audrey isn't going to be around on the day. Martin puts the finishing touches to his conversions at No.13. He refuses to declare his earnings to the DHSS. Ken Barlow has big plans for the future of the Recorder. Gloria tells Mike that she doesn't want him treating her like a casual pick-up as she has more to offer. She accuses him of playing with her emotions as she wants a proper relationship. He refuses to commit himself so she leaves him alone. Gail feels that she doesn't know Audrey anymore.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Downstairs rooms
- 46b, St. Mary's Place
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- From this episode onwards, all location scenes are recorded on Outside Broadcast Video and Coronation Street was now entirely videotaped.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken is getting big ideas about the newspaper business - but it's all a question of how much of a gamble he's prepared to take. Meanwhile, Ivy Tilsley has her suspicions about Audrey’s disappearance, but Gail has the perfect way of shutting Ivy up.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,550,000 viewers (3rd place).
|February 1988 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|