|ITV transmission date||4th April 1988 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||30th March 1988|
|Next episode||6th April 1988|
Gina gets bored as Billy Wyatt has to work the Easter Bank Holiday. She encourages Martin to call. Alf lets the flat unfurnished. He learns that it was a mistake as it's harder to get rid of tenants unfurnished. Kevin is annoyed when Brian lets Billy road-test a car he's worked on and he gets Brian to change his mind. Sally discovers Gina has locked her out. She makes a noise alerting Gina who gets rid of Martin the back way. Emily helps Shirley make the flat look nice. Curly gets a few bits of furniture and Martin helps move him in. Shirley admits to Emily that she twisted Curly's arm a bit to get him to move in. Sally is certain Gina had a lad in the house and knows it wasn't Billy. Curly has some Dutch courage in the Rovers before spending his first night with Shirley. Curly confesses to Shirley he's a virgin, she promises to be gentle with him.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Coronation Street exterior - Main street view and ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Tilsley's Garage
- The theme music used at the end of this episode starts from the very beginning of the Coronation Street theme, although the credits are the standard length.
- TV Times synopsis: Most of us take 'Home Sweet Home' for granted, but Shirley and Curly are beginning to see that this is a bit of a fallacy. And Sally is beginning to wonder just what her sister, Gina, does for entertainment while they're out at work.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,400,000 viewers (4th place).
|April 1988 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|