Sandra Stubbs answers Alec's advertisement for a cleaner. He is put off by her black eye. She tells him that her husband gave it her. Bet tells him that he can't hold that against her. Mike overhears Vera laughing over the fact he's lost his licence. Alan talks Rita into letting him use the Yard for his business, with him using it as collateral to get money from the bank. She is amazed at the speed he's moving along. Alec tells Sandra the job is hers. Mike tells Emily he's not happy with the quality of the curtains being produced. He tells her he intends to make an example of one of the girls to shake the others up.
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Manager's office
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard
- First appearance of Sandra Stubbs.
- TV Times synopsis: Vengeful Mike thinks he now knows who set him up with the police. And Alec, under pressure from Bet, has cause to eye a Rovers visitor with suspicion.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,950,000 viewers (8th place).
Notable dialogue Edit
Alec Gilroy: "Look, we do have certain standards to maintain, even amongst the cleaning staff"
Bet Gilroy: "By 'eck, Alec, there must be summat in the air in this place"
Alec Gilroy: "Eh?"
Bet Gilroy: "You're even beginning to sound like Annie Walker."
|May 1988 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|