Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th May 1988 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||4th May 1988|
|Next episode||11th May 1988|
Ivy tells Mike that Vera did not shop him but she can't tell him who did. He refuses to reinstate Vera if Ivy won't tell him who did it. The Council asks Percy why he's ignoring the letters they've sent him. They explain he's now past retirement age and has to leave the job as Community Centre caretaker as someone else has been appointed. He is promised alternative accommodation and told his pension will be supplemented. Ivy asks Ida to tell Mike she shopped him as Vera is suffering. Jack thinks they should sue Mike for slander. Alf is annoyed to see pictures of Audrey posing close to Malcolm Reid, Stephen's father in Canada. He tells her he's sick of her whole trip and that he doesn't like it when men look at her in the street, which she's pleased to hear. Ida tells Mike she shopped him to the Police and it gave her a great deal of pleasure.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Community Centre flat
- Baldwin's Casuals
- Weatherfield Town Hall
- TV Times synopsis: Revelations in the Rovers when Big Noise Baldwin clashes with an old adversary. But what happens to subdue pompous Percy Sugden?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,700,000 viewers (3rd place).
Ken Barlow: "I must say, I do wonder sometimes how you do it though, Emily."
Emily Bishop: What?"
Ken Barlow: "Well... manage to work with the odious little man without having to leave at regular intervals to throw up."
|May 1988 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th|