|ITV transmission date||26th August 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||21st August 1963|
|Next episode||28th August 1963|
Harry drives the darts picnic - Dennis, Walter, Frank, Jack, Alf, Jerry, Ken, Albert and Len to New Brighton. Concepta is not happy when she learns that Harry will have to work some nights. The coach keeps breaking down and the men get drunk. When a policeman tries to get the men to quieten down at 2.00am, Albert knocks his helmet off and Alf tries to hit him. He calls for a prison van.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Walter Potts - Christopher Sandford
- First Policeman - Geoffrey Reed
- Second Policeman - Roy Minton
- Waiter - Ralph Broadbent
- First appearance of Alf Roberts since 27th February 1963.
- TV Times synopsis: The picnic is 'off and on', and Len feels the same way.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,147,000 homes (1st place).
Valerie Barlow: "When you're courtin', one minute you're up in the air, an' the next you're sobbin' your 'eart out on your pillow. When you're married - you just go on".
|August 1963 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|