Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||11th July 1988 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||6th July 1988|
|Next episode||13th July 1988|
Jason Stubbs runs out of the flat to the Rovers and tells everyone that Sandra is being beaten up. Ken and Alan rush to help her. Mike calls the police whilst Bet takes care of distraught Jason. Ronnie Stubbs leaves Sandra bruised and shaken. She is taken to hospital and kept in overnight for observation. Bet takes Jason in for the night. The police talk Sandra into making an official complaint against Ronnie. Bet apologises to her for not believing Ronnie was violent. Jack makes a list of his grievances since the accident, including lack of sexual appetite. Ken decides to rent premises in Curzon Street. He tells Bob Statham he wants to buy his share of the Recorder and offers him £20,000. Statham wants £30,000 but Ken promises him the money immediately. Statham is forced to agree. The Barlows celebrate.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jason Stubbs - Paul Simpson
- Fiona Cavanagh - Sharon Muircroft
- Bob Statham - Michael Goldie
- Policewoman - Belinda Chapman
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Flat 3, 44 Rosamund Street - Living room
- Weatherfield General - Foyer and ward day room
- TV Times synopsis: When Jason Stubbs reports to the Rovers about the attack on his mother, the 'street' vigilantes come out in force. Demands are made on Ken Barlow to make crucial decisions about the fate of the Weatherfield Recorder.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,250,000 viewers (5th place).
|July 1988 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|