Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st August 1988 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||27th July 1988|
|Next episode||3rd August 1988|
Audrey neglects Alf and the shop to be with Malcolm Reid. Ivy is suspicious of Malcolm, who she believes is Audrey's brother-in-law. Emily feels sorry for Percy when she realises how lonely he is. Gus Ferris is furious that Alec sent a dud singer to the Old Band Club as he's been blamed. Ivy suspects Malcolm of having had an affair with Audrey. Emily finds herself offering Percy her spare room. He jumps at it, thanking her for her charity. Alec contacts Marge at the Club, telling her he's heard of Gus' naff singer. He succeeds in getting her to drop Gus and to agree to get her artistes from him in future. Malcolm innocently tells Ivy about Audrey's son Stephen Reid.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- 15 Parliament Street - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: Jack licks his wounds after his diabolical showbiz experience, yet still feels fit enough to offer Alec an encore.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,050,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|August 1988 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st