Ivy tells Brian she's annoyed about being lied to about Audrey's visit to Canada. Don decides to organise a coach trip to Blackpool. Alec refuses to let him call it a Rovers' trip as he doesn't want his regulars all going off for the day. Percy moves back in with Emily. Alec has second thoughts about the trip when he realises they'll need drinks on the coach. Ivy is upset when Audrey continues to talk of Malcolm Reid as her brother-in-law. She tells her she's a liar; she knows the truth. Audrey tells her it's none of her business. Malcolm tells Alf he'll pay for them all to go on the Blackpool trip but Alf tells him he can't leave the shop. He then discovers that Audrey has agreed to go with him.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- First appearance of Sarah Louise Tilsley since 27th April 1988.
- TV Times synopsis: While Don’s idea of a charra trip seems to be everyone's cup of tea, trouble brews in the Rovers.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,400,000 viewers (5th place).
|August 1988 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st