Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||15th August 1988 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||10th August 1988|
|Next episode||17th August 1988|
Gail shows her dislike of Malcolm Reid. He admits to her that Audrey led him to believe in Canada that they had a future together. Alf refuses to believe Audrey was faithful. He throws Malcolm and his things onto the Street. He threatens to kill Malcolm if he shows his face again. Arnold Swift and Phyllis hitch a lift back together, getting drunk on the way. Arnold thanks Percy for putting him onto Phyllis - Percy is astonished that he fancies her. Gloria and Sandra Stubbs go to a nightclub where Tony Walker chats them up, they call themselves Cheryl and Roxanne. They join him and his friend, who turns out to be Mike. Mike goes along with the charade. He enjoys getting at Sandra by telling her how bad his cleaner is. Gail tells Audrey she ought to be ashamed leading Malcolm on in front of everyone. Audrey breaks down when Gail tells her she doesn't respect her. Alec is horrified when Bet takes in an Alsatian guard dog called Rover.
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Taxi Driver - Sam Webster
- Dennis - Terry Cundall
- Malcolm Reid - Shane Rimmer
- Arnold Swift - Harry Littlewood
- Tony Walker - Michael Garner
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- Tilsley's Garage
- Last appearance of Nicky Tilsley until 14th November 1988.
- Last appearance of Sarah Louise Tilsley until 14th November 1988.
- TV Times synopsis: Gloria and Sandra go out to trip the light fantastic, and wonder if they'll end up falling flat on their faces. And certain members of the Street are having to face up to the repercussions of the trip to Blackpool.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,200,000 viewers (5th place).
|August 1988 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st