Vera gives Don £10 on Terry's behalf. Terry gets annoyed when Kevin refuses to lend him money. He is sickened by the sight of the Websters happily married. Emily and Rita are stunned that Derek has proposed. Mavis is delighted and revels in the euphoria of someone wanting her. Brian tells Don he wouldn't botch his repair. He tells Don that he knocked 10% off the service bill because he was family. Don is annoyed and gives him another £20 to cover it, saying he doesn't want favours, just a good job doing. Ivy asks Brian to make up with Don as she's sick of rows. Terry talks Kevin and Curly into a lads' night out. Derek tells Mavis he's expecting his divorce any day and wants to marry her as soon as he's free. Brian and Don make up for Ivy's sake. Brian insists Don takes the £20 back. Don refuses to so Brian throws the money at him. Don tells Ivy that Brian can't admit he's in the wrong. Derek is hurt when Mavis tells him what all her friends think of him. She tells him he's hurt and humiliated her in the past and she's hated him for it. He is dejected until she tells him that she will, however, marry him. Kevin returns home at midnight. Sally is furious to find lipstick on his collar.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- Tilsley's Garage
- Mike Baldwin (Johnny Briggs) is credited, but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis is forced to make a major decision - and an admirer has to walk an emotional tightrope. Terry is playing with fire when he plans a farewell do.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,400,000 viewers (6th place).
|September 1988 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|