Vera boasts to the girls that Mike is grooming Terry for management. Alec is mugged on his way to the bank. He is hit on the head and his briefcase is stolen, containing over £2,000. Ken runs a slamming story of Mike running a sweat shop. Bet is stunned to hear Alec was banking so much money. Alec assures her they are insured. Mike is furious to read the Recorder. He realises it will be damaging to the factory and threatens to sue Ken. When a customer cancels an order Mike decides to contact his solicitor. Kevin makes Gina see that it's best if she acts humble and tells the truth in court. Bet accuses Alec of fiddling the insurance as she knows the pub didn't take £2,000 over the weekend. He tells her it was his club money as well. Ken has quoted Mike as selling any sub-standard curtains which are made. Emily tells him this is true but they're sold to a market trader as seconds. He begins to worry when Emily tells him a customer has dropped an order so Mike has a case.
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- Weatherfield General
- A Nurse is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: In support of Mike Baldwin's factory workers, Ken Barlow sticks his neck out - only to find he's placed it in the chopping block. And when Alec Gilroy is taken for a mug, he is surrounded by doubting Thomas's.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,100,000 viewers (6th place).
|September 1988 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|