Sally takes Gina to the Magistrates Court. Emily is upset when Mike tells her he intends to sue Ken and call her as a witness. Bet doesn't believe that Alec was banking his club money. Ken's solicitor tells him Mike has a good case and advises him to apologise to Mike. Ken grudgingly apologises to Mike for printing a mistake about the sub-standard curtains. Mike makes the most of the situation and tells Ken he wants a printed apology. Gina is fined £100 and put on probation. Sally has to promise to look after her and let her live at No.13. Kevin isn't pleased. The police call on Alec and let him know that they think he's fiddling the insurance as well. Mike tells Ken he expects the apology to be a big one on the front page of the Recorder.
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office
- Gail Tilsley (Helen Worth) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken’s dilemma forces him to make a private deal, but public humiliation follows. And a court case for Gina spells a bleak future for the Websters.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,700,000 viewers (4th place).
|September 1988 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|