Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th September 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||4th September 1963|
|Next episode||11th September 1963|
Sheila is not bothered about Neil's whereabouts. Len finds dry rot in the Mission. Swindley tells him he's finding the work hard at Gamma Garments' head office. Sheila refuses to return to work but when Doreen threatens to write to her mother she goes in. Swindley misses working at the shop. Sheila is sacked for taking too much time off. Emily feels guilty running the shop when Swindley is so unhappy.
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- First appearance of Leonard Swindley since 5th June 1963.
- TV Times synopsis: Swindley re-visits his old haunts, and Miss Nugent has doubts
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,284,000 homes (joint 1st place with 11th September 1963).
|September 1963 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|