Ken prints a two paragraph apology to Mike, but on page two of the Weatherfield Recorder. Sally pushes Gina to find work. Cecil Newton calls on Alec and suggests that if the Rovers is taking so much money, the rent should be increased. Alec gets fed up with having to explain about his club money. Gina spends her time drinking with Martin rather than going to the Job Centre. Mike tells Ken that as far as he's concerned the apology wasn't in the paper and he's going to sue him. Deirdre and Emily stop Ken from making a public scene. Sally threatens to have Gina sent to a Detention Centre if she doesn't get a job. Ken tells Deirdre he'll see Mike in court, upsetting Deirdre who fears her affair will be made public knowledge in court.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 46b, St. Mary's Place - Living room and kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Bet attempts to pour oil on troubled waters, but little does Alec know that an unexpected visitor awaits to open the floodgates. And Ken Barlow rests on his laurels, believing that he has met all necessary demands, but Deirdre is wishing he'd decided to 'hold the front page'.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,900,000 viewers (4th place).
|October 1988 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|