Gail is annoyed that she has to stop the sandwich round. She feels frustrated working under Alma. Vera is furious that Jack hasn't got any money for the microwave. She refuses to cook him any food until he sorts it out. Terry borrows Vera's car for a date with a separated woman, Kathy Pritchard. Bet is worried about Rita being on her own and gets Alf to call on her. Alf is annoyed when he sees Gina trying to sell sandwiches at the factory. Sandra arranges another date with Pete Shaw, who she met in a supermarket. She brings him to the Rovers to introduce him to Bet and Gloria. They are impressed with him but Gloria is upset that she hasn't met anyone. Jack tries to get the microwave out of the Wiltons' flat but Rita refuses to let him. Gail is surprised when Alma says she'll give the sandwich round a chance. She shocks Alma by giving her notice at the cafe, saying she's going to continue the run on her own, with Gina's help. Brian isn't enthusiastic about her decision.
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson (Credited as "Warren King")
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room
- First appearance of Nicky Tilsley since 15th August 1988.
- First appearance of Sarah Louise Tilsley since 15th August 1988.
- During his rant about Gina Seddon doing the sandwich round at the factory, Alf Roberts mentions his predecessor, Tommy Foyle who sold barmcakes during the First World War.
- TV Times synopsis: Sandra cannot deny she's over the moon about a stroke of luck she's been keeping to herself, but speculation at the Rovers grows to resentment when all is revealed.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,900,000 viewers (3rd place).
|November 1988 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|