|ITV transmission date||16th November 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||14th November 1988|
|Next episode||21st November 1988|
Brian urges Gail not to give her job up as they can't afford to set her up in business. Sandra Stubbs is in love with Pete Shaw and wants to see more of him. Mike plans a trip to London. He tells Terry he doesn't want him touching the Jaguar whilst he's away. Bet decides to go to a health farm with Stella Rigby. Jack steals the microwave from the Wiltons' flat behind Rita's back. Terry tells Kathy Pritchard the Jaguar is his and arranges to take her out in it. Gail tells Alma she's thinking of leaving the cafe. Alma considers selling up if she leaves. She doesn't want to look after the cafe herself. Alma tells Gail she doesn't want her to leave. She says she's willing to let her run the cafe as she wants to. Gail agrees but on the condition she gets a share of the profits from the sandwich round. Alma agrees. Terry plans to use the Jaguar whilst Mike's in London.
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson (Credited as "Warren King")
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room
- Last appearance of Alma Sedgewick until 24th April 1989.
- Last appearance of Sarah Louise Tilsley until 13th February 1989.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail is soaring high with excitement over plans for her new enterprise, but someone close at hand is trying hard to bring her back down to earth with a bump. And Jack Duckworth, frightened that he might be wasting away under Vera’s strict starvation campaign, is forced to take devious and desperate measures.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,550,000 viewers (6th place).
|November 1988 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|