|ITV transmission date||30th November 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||28th November 1988|
|Next episode||5th December 1988|
Gloria tells Sandra that she's been seeing Pete Shaw and they're in love. Sandra refuses to let her come between them; she'll forgive Pete as she loves him. Gloria swears it wasn't planned. Rita feels she humiliated herself, begging with Alan. Sandra calls Gloria a smug tart and throws a pint over her. Gloria breaks down as Jack holds Sandra back from attacking her. The bank manager refuses to give Alan a loan to buy new premises. Sandra apologises to Alec for causing a scene but he sacks her, saying he can't have her and Gloria fighting all the time. Mike tells Terry he knows he drove the Jaguar; he forgot to alter the speedometer. He tells him he's fired. Alan asks Carole Burns if he can move in with her as he knows he'd get a loan with her help. She tells him she's not interested; she's careful with money. Gloria tells Alec it isn't fair that Sandra should be sacked. She resigns so Sandra can be reinstated. She leaves the Rovers. Alan turns up at No.7 and asks Rita if he can return. Rita and Jenny are delighted.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Gloria Todd - Sue Jenkins
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- 12A Redwing Road
- Unnamed bank - Exterior and nearby roads
- Final appearance of Sue Jenkins as Gloria Todd.
- Martin Platt (Sean Wilson) is credited, but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita is reeling from an emotional set-back, and steels herself for worse to come. And Gloria is accused of being a snake in the grass, but gives everyone a surprise when she finds a way of wriggling out of the situation.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,600,000 viewers (6th place).
|November 1988 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|