Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th December 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||5th December 1988|
|Next episode||12th December 1988|
Terry tells Vera there's nothing left for him in Weatherfield. She begs him to stay for Christmas but he sells his jewellery and heads for Bournemouth. Vera is distraught and blames Mike for sacking Terry. Alec doesn't know how to tell Bet that Gloria has left. Vera is horrified to discover Terry sold his gold medallion to Jack. She attacks him for giving Terry the money to leave. Alan tells Rita he plans to give up the Yard and raise the finances for a shop. He assures her he won't be asking her for the money. Alec phones the health farm only to be told Bet and Stella Rigby checked out after only one week of their stay there.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Terry Duckworth - Nigel Pivaro
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Last appearance of Terry Duckworth until 31st January 1992.
- TV Times synopsis: It's clear that Terry won't be painting the town red in the near future, but he realises there's a golden opportunity dangling right in front of him. And Alec is fretting about facing Bet with the facts about the staffing situation at the Rovers, until he discovers that he's not the only one who's been deceitful.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,700,000 viewers (6th place).
|December 1988 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|