|ITV transmission date||16th September 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||11th September 1963|
|Next episode||18th September 1963|
Dennis realises something is wrong when he finds the flat door locked and no answer coming from within. The Street is aroused and Dennis smashes a window to get in as Len and Harry try to break the door down. Sheila is rescued. Dennis badly cuts his arm and is covered in blood. Dr. Aston arrives and gives Sheila medication. Len offers Elsie a no-strings relationship but she refuses. Sheila is taken to hospital in an ambulance. Swindley complains to Ena about the cleanliness of the Mission Hall. Frank puts shop flat tenant Ethel Tyson's rent up. She comes to the Rovers to tell him that she refuses to pay it.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Mr Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- Corner Shop
- 15a Coronation Street - Bed/sitting room and landing
- Kathy Staff appears as an extra, ten years before making her debut as Vera Hopkins.
- TV Times synopsis: Dennis plays an unaccustomed role, and Mrs. Tyson fires off her first salvo
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,418,000 homes (1st place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
Leonard Swindley: "We've had our little brushes from time to time over the years. Minor skirmishes in the battle of life. Due in the main, and I freely admit this, to very high standard which I've set for myself and on which I insist in others. Some people have called me finicky..."
Ena Sharples: "I've 'eard 'em."
|September 1963 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|