Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th December 1988 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||7th December 1988|
|Next episode||14th December 1988|
Alec learns from Paul Rigby that Bet and Stella are living it up in a hotel as they couldn't stand the regime at the health farm. Tracy is playing Jack's mother in the school panto. Ivy is annoyed when Audrey doesn't invite the Brennans for Christmas dinner. Bet returns to the Rovers, telling Alec and the customers what a wonderful time she had at the health farm. Bet is uncomfortable when Alec keeps going on about her looking healthy. She lays into him about Gloria leaving but he quietens her by going on about the health farm, making her feel guilty. Deirdre is contacted by Brian Roscoe who has no work and his family has been rehoused on the twelfth floor of the derelict Turner House. He urges her to find him somewhere else as the strain is upsetting his family. Audrey decides she doesn't want the Brennans for Christmas. Alan searches through Rita's drawers and steals the deeds to No.7 from a tin.
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Bradley's Securities Limited - Office
- First appearance of Tracy Barlow since 23rd March 1988 and the first appearance of Dawn Acton in the role.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet is due to return from her holidays and Alec prepares to be tackled about Gloria’s leaving, but not without having first placed a winning card up his sleeve.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,850,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005. The version included was that which aired on Granada Plus satellite channel in 2001, which was shorter than the original version by several minutes.
|December 1988 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|