|ITV transmission date||14th December 1988 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||12th December 1988|
|Next episode||19th December 1988|
Ivy demands to know from Alf where they stand over Christmas. Bet finds out from Stella Rigby that Alec knows they booked out from the health farm. She stuns Alec by telling him she's booked him into the health farm as he obviously is so interested in it. She tells him he's a rat for letting her go on when he's known she booked out. Alan goes to a building society with the deeds to No.7 and says he wants to mortgage the house for £15,000. He calls himself Len Fairclough.
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Bradley's Securities Limited - Office
- Castlewell Building Society, Manchester branch - Mr Hughes' Office
- TV Times synopsis: Alec has Bet jumping through hoops when he tries to get her to come clean about her 'health-giving' holiday. Alan is all for saying 'home is where the heart is', especially now he's laid his hands on some hidden treasure.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,000,000 viewers (5th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|December 1988 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|