Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th December 1988 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||25th December 1988|
|Next episode||28th December 1988|
The Roberts return from the hotel early as Alf suffers from food poisoning. Tracy has nightmares about Deirdre disappearing. She tails Deirdre everywhere, fearing she'll go again. The Brennans and Duckworths go horse racing on Boxing Day. Don refuses to drive as he wants to drink. Vera is furious as she has to drive. Ken wants Brian Roscoe caught as he feels he could have raped Deirdre. She just wants to forget all about it. Deirdre breaks down and tells Bet she really feared she was going to be raped. She felt vulnerable and frightened. Bet tells her she mustn't be frightened anymore. Vera has a rotten day as everyone but her gets drunk. Don celebrates a big win on the horses. He feels he's on a winning streak. He gets Jack and Mike to have a game of cards with him. Ivy thinks it's hysterical that Alf and Audrey had to leave the hotel because of food poisoning. Ivy feels uncomfortable when Don plays poker with Mike at No.5. Don wins £60 from Mike. Ivy is frightened that Mike will be a sore loser and sack her.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Hallway (seen through front entrance)
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- TV Times synopsis: Audrey’s got her work cut out keeping the lid on Alf’s embarrassing little secret, but, unfortunately, walls - and children - have ears! And Don presents arch-enemy Mike with a challenge.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,600,000 viewers (5th place).
Bet Gilroy: "As I see it love, when we go through lousy experiences we've got two choices. We either grow stronger from it, or we grow weaker. Which one's down to you."
|December 1988 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|