Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd January 1989 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||28th December 1988|
|Next episode||4th January 1989|
Don doesn't know how to tell Ivy he's lost the cab. Mavis tells Derek she'd like to find a house of their own. Mike doesn't want the cab. He tells Don that he wants his £1,000 and refuses to let him pay it off on the drip. Don asks him to give him a break but Mike suggests he sells the cab. Ivy realises something is going on with Don and Mike. Don is forced to tell her about the poker game and Mike having given him a week to repay the £1,000.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Yard
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- Bradley's Securities Limited - Office
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy advises Don to have a hair of the dog, little knowing the size of the beast that bit him.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,430,000 viewers (5th place).
|January 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|