Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th January 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Previous episode||2nd January 1989|
|Next episode||9th January 1989|
Ivy is upset that Don is thinking of selling the cab. She asks Mike if Don can pay the debt back weekly. He refuses. Alan is put out when the building society want to view No.7 before they agree to the loan. The Wiltons are told they can get a joint mortgage easily. Ivy pays Mike out of her savings, shocking Don. She tells him that he now owes her the money. Alec tells Bet he's taken on a barman. Alan tries to ensure Rita won't be around when the valuer calls.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- Bradley's Securities Limited - Office and yard
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Don is determined he'll swim and not sink, but Ivy is desperate to bail him out too. And Alan is in danger of becoming too big for his boots when he trips himself up in the process of working around Rita’s daily routine.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,560,000 viewers (4th place).
|January 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|