|ITV transmission date||18th September 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||16th September 1963|
|Next episode||23rd September 1963|
Ken thinks Frank is being too heavy handed with Ethel Tyson. Sheila packs. Jerry tries to win her over but she rejects him. He refuses to take the £5 back. She thanks Dennis for saving her. Ethel refuses to pay the increase or the arrears. Sheila leaves for Rawtenstall and Jerry goes out with Myra.
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Last appearance of Sheila Birtles until 30th May 1966.
- See note to the previous episode regarding union protests which almost led to this episode's recording not taking place.
- TV Times synopsis: ...in which Sheila makes a decision, and Jerry starts afresh
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,290,000 homes (2nd place).
|September 1963 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|