Betty is thrilled when Charlie Bracewell kisses her hand and charms her. Alec convinces Bet that she'll be able to manage without him and promises to take her on holiday when he returns. Megan Morgan (alias Tanya the Snake Dancer) arrives at the Rovers and tells Alec that she's on the tour. He's delighted, she reminds him of the good old days they shared. Bet overhears and storms out of the bar. Betty is outraged when Charlie fondles her bottom. Eddie Seddon is buried. Sally is annoyed when Gina disappears straight away after the service. Elsie Seddon gives both Sally and Gina £1,000 from Eddie's insurance. Rita and Alan drink to the success of 'Weatherfield Security Systems'. Gail tells Sally that Gina has packed her job in and plans to enjoy spending her money away from the area. Alec decides to turn down the tour because of Bet's mistrust. Betty tells him and Bet that she's had enough of Charlie and one of them will have to go.
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Charlie Bracewell - Peter Bayliss
- Elsie Seddon - Brenda Elder
- Tanya - Sue Roderick
- Jack Croston - Alan Partington
- Bertha Croston - Dinah Handley
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Bradley's Securities Limited - Office
- Both this and the previous episode were repeated on Sunday 22nd January at in the programme's first-ever scheduled omnibus edition. Times of transmission varied across the ITV regions.
- TV Times synopsis: It's a sad day at the Webster's household, but Mrs Seddon has something up her sleeve to bring a little cheer to the proceedings. And a sudden attack of enthusiasm on Charlie's part puts the staffing situation at the Rovers in jeopardy.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 22,970,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|January 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|