Alec can't bring himself to tell Charlie Bracewell to leave. Mavis falls in love with a dormer bungalow called "The Willows" in Ullswater Drive. Alec's accountant, Bernie Greenwood, tells Alec that the Inland Revenue don't believe his tax returns. Alec tells Bet to get rid of Betty. Derek can't view the bungalow because of work. Sally wants to use the £1,000 to buy a share of the garage. Kevin refuses. Bet hatches a plan to get rid of Charlie and invites Stella Rigby over.
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- Bradley's Securities Limited - Office and yard
- Sean Wilson (Martin Platt) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Betty is determined to stand her ground over an ultimatum, but Bet is concerned she'll fall prey to Alec’s 'vindictive' streak. Mavis is becoming more and more frustrated as Derek impedes her ambitions to climb up the social ladder, and she decides to take matters into her own hands.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,870,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|January 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|