|ITV transmission date||25th January 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Previous episode||23rd January 1989|
|Next episode||30th January 1989|
Sally tackles Gail about a partnership for Kevin in the garage. Bet asks Charlie Bracewell to make Stella Rigby feel like a queen. Kevin is furious that Sally has talked to Gail about a partnership. He tells Sally that he's sick of Brian; he's not working at the garage and has domestic problems. Stella takes a shine to Charlie and invites him to call on her at the White Swan. Sally dresses seductively and lays on a romantic meal for Kevin. Ivy worries that Brian and Gail are working too hard. Charlie resigns and tells Alec he's going to work for Stella. Bet helps him pack. Alec is summoned to the tax office.
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Sandra Stubbs - Sally Watts
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Bradley's Securities Limited - Office and yard
- Road outside the White Swan
- Sean Wilson (Martin Platt) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Sally investigates the possibility of improving Kevin’s career prospects, but finds she may well have bitten off more than she can chew. Bet takes advantage of Alec’s preoccupation with tactical tax manoeuvres to embark on a strategy of an equally devious nature.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 23,050,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|January 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|