Jenny gets an offer to go to Leeds University. Alan opens Weatherfield Security Systems at 72 Curzon Street. He interviews Dawn Prescott for the job of receptionist. The Wiltons view "The Willows". Christine Carter starts work at the cafe. Ivy tries to push the Tilsleys into going out and offers her services as a babysitter. Alan avoids Carole Burns. Derek doesn't want to commit himself to the bungalow. Alec tells Bet that the tax man doesn't think he's been declaring all his income from the artistes. He feels he's had it. Don sees Brian going into a nightclub alone.
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Dawn Prescott - Louise Harrison
- Bernie Greenwood - Peter Woodthorpe
- Christine Carter - Tara Moran
- Carole Burns - Irene Skillington
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Albert Street
- Curzon Street
- Weatherfield Security Systems
- The Willows, Ullswater Drive - Exterior
- Paradise Nightclub - Exterior
- Location OB recording for Curzon Street and the exterior of Weatherfield Security Systems (pictured above) took place at 72 Broad Street in Pendleton, Salford.
- TV Times synopsis: An impending visit to the taxman has Alec examining his conscience, and while he's prepared to go in with all guns firing, his accountant, Bernie, advises caution. Brian and Gail are under pressure from an interfering Ivy, who is taking her family responsibilities just a little too far.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,100,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
Alec Gilroy: "Bet... Would you say I had an honest face?"
Bet Gilroy: "No!"
Alec Gilroy: "What do you mean, no? I look as honest as the next man."
Bet Gilroy: "Well only if yer stood next to Jack Duckworth."
|January 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|