Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st February 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Barry Hill|
|Previous episode||30th January 1989|
|Next episode||6th February 1989|
Alan gives the receptionist job to Dawn Prescott. Alec tries to fiddle his books. Alan throws an opening party. Brian tells Don that it's none of his business how he spends his evenings. Carole Burns turns up at Alan's grand opening. She threatens to create a scene, calls him a taker and introduces herself to Rita. She tells her that Alan only returned to her for her money. Alan throws her out, she slaps his face. Don tells Ivy about seeing Brian at the nightclub. Rita is convinced that Alan and Carole are finished. The brewery have disclosed Alec's payments on his entertainment job. The taxman tells Alec he could end up in jail for not declaring his earnings.
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Brian Tilsley - Christopher Quinten
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Dawn Prescott - Louise Harrison
- Bernie Greenwood - Peter Woodthorpe
- Christine Carter - Tara Moran
- Carole Burns - Irene Skillington
- This was the last episode produced by Bill Podmore.
- TV Times synopsis: Deserted by his accountant, Alec is still determined to do battle with the Inland Revenue and Bet waits to see what trick he'll pull out of the bag this time. Alan breathes a sigh of relief as he prepares to celebrate the Grand Opening of his new shop, but could the advertisement of his success prove to have been a grave mistake?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 22,950,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|February 1989 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th|