|ITV transmission date||13th March 1989 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||8th March 1989|
|Next episode||15th March 1989|
Jenny prepares for her joint eighteenth birthday party with Joanne Cresswell at the Mortlake Hotel. Tom Casey tells Kevin that he'd like him to stay on at the garage as manager. Rita goes to the building society and discovers Alan would have needed the deeds to No.7 to mortgage it. Arthur Dabner takes Emily to lunch and she has her hair done specially for the occasion. Rita discovers Alan has photocopied the deeds. Percy is put out that Emily is going out with Arthur. Bet interviews Tina Fowler for the barmaid's job. Before they go to the party, Rita tackles Alan about his fraud. He struggles to keep calm. Jenny phones home when Rita and Alan don't show up at the Mortlake. Rita tells Alan she's contacted the building society and he's finished. She answers the phone but Alan pushes her away, hitting her. Jenny hears Rita's screams over the phone as Alan continues his attack and she gets Martin to quickly drive her home. Alan beats Rita around the room before smothering her face with a cushion. Jenny arrives home to find Rita unconscious with Alan still covering her. He rushes out of the house. Martin gives chase but Alan drives off as an ambulance is called.
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Tom Casey - Edward Clayton
- Joanne Cresswell - Joanne Sidwell
- Mrs Cresswell - Lottie Ward
- Arthur Dabner - Michael Sheard
- Alison Whitworth - Christine Anderson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Casey's Garage
- The Kabin
- Castlewell Building Society - Tellers' counter
- Mortlake Hotel - Function room
- First appearance of Tina Fowler.
- TV Times synopsis: It's party time for Jenny as she looks forward to celebrating adulthood in style.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 25,870,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
|March 1989 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|