Frank gives Ethel Tyson a month's notice. She tears it up. When she starts slandering him outside the shop, Martha rows with her. George Pickup offers to pay the arrears and the increase and threatens Frank with violence. Len and Jerry do up No.13 for Wormold who wants to sell it. Doreen thinks of emigrating or joining the army. Len's amused by the way Myra dominates Jerry. Doreen tells Emily that she's leaving to join the Women's Royal Army Corps, transport section. Myra tells Jerry they could live in No.13 when they are married. He is shocked to discover she considers them engaged.
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Myra Dickinson - Susan Jameson
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine for either this episode or the previous one.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,785,000 homes (2nd place).
|September 1963 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|