Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th April 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||3rd April 1989|
|Next episode||10th April 1989|
Curly sits his exam after spending the night on the sofa. Mark Casey takes liberties at the garage. Emily plans a cosy meal for Arthur Dabner. He tells her that he spent the day with Barbara, thinking Percy has told her. He tells her that he's getting back with Barbara. Emily finds it strange that Percy didn't mention anything. Tom Casey rows with Kevin for letting Mark skive off. He tells Kevin to treat Mark like any other mechanic. Emily and Percy decide to forget all about Arthur. Percy assures her that he won't be moving out now. Jack puts off going to the opticians and is annoyed when Vera collects the glasses for him. She makes him wear them in the Rovers. Shirley packs her bags and tells Curly she's going home; they're poles apart and there's no point in going on. She wants fun in her life. He begs her not to go but she leaves.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Shirley Armitage - Lisa Lewis
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room and bedroom
- Casey's Garage
- TV Times synopsis: It’s the morning after the night before and Shirley wants to talk, but Curly’s more worried about passing his exams. Kevin’s getting fed up with newcomer Mark not pulling his weight at the garage - but in the end it's Kevin who's told to get a grip.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 23,160,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1989 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|