|ITV transmission date||2nd October 1963 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||30th September 1963|
|Next episode||7th October 1963|
Florrie refuses to let Walter take the shop on. Swindley organises a children's party at the Mission Hall. Lucille gets Frank to babysit so that she can go to Doreen's party. The residents get tired of Jim Pickup hanging around the Street. Walter entertains the guests at the party and Doreen says goodbye to the Street.
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Myra Dickinson - Susan Jameson
- Final appearance of Angela Crow as Doreen Lostock.
- TV Times synopsis: A new baby sitter for the Hewitts; and Doreen celebrates
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,301,000 homes (1st place).
|October 1963 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|