Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th June 1989 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Tom Elliott|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||7th June 1989|
|Next episode||14th June 1989|
The Gilroys can't believe how near they came to losing each other. Deirdre tells Ken how stupid her committees are getting, thinking of inviting Batman and Prince Charles to open an abattoir but rejected them both. Bet refuses to return to the Rovers until Megan Morgan has left. Gail returns to working at the cafe. Alma enjoys her night out with Mike. Alec tells Megan that she must leave and she accuses him of using her. She agrees to accept financial compensation and leaves. Jack and Vera are flabbergasted to discover that Bet is back. Bet returns to the Rovers but she doesn't like the way she and Alec are being polite to each other. He offers her a delayed honeymoon. Ken prints an article "Weatherfield Council snub Prince Charles". Deirdre is annoyed as she told him as her husband. Vera accuses Jack of never achieving anything. She tells him that she pities him and that's why she stays with him.
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Rosamund Street
- Jim's Cafe
- First appearance of Tracy Barlow since 15th February 1989.
- A literary error in the script has Curly referring to Fyodor Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment as taking place in 19th century Moscow when the novel is actually set in Saint Petersburg.
- TV Times synopsis: Alec’s too preoccupied with his marital negotiations to realise that the plot if thickening at the Duckworths'. It looks as though Jack is close to bringing down the Alec Gilroy regime.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,830,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|June 1989 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|