Mike spends the night with Alma. Jack accuses Tina of flirting with him but she tells him that she's serious about going out with him. Kevin gives Sally driving lessons. Tina accuses Jack of chickening out of their date. He pretends to have a bad back to get the night off to take her out. Alma tells Mike that she's interested in buying a flat in Weatherfield Quays. She asks for his help. Ken tells Deirdre he wishes that they could start again. When she promises not to tell anyone, Ken tells her that his mole is Wendy Crozier.
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, hallway and yard
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- Jim's Cafe flat - Bedroom
- Road outside Weatherfield Town Hall
- TV Times synopsis: Mike Baldwin finds himself in strange surroundings but with familiar company. And Tina calls Jack’s bluff by agreeing to a night out - but will Jack be man enough to fix a date?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,870,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
Alec Gilroy (making a phone call to try and get someone to book a disappearing hamster act): "No, of course he doesn't really swallow them... Arnold, that act does not the punters off... your sales of chicken in a basket will not plummet... no, no, of course it's not cruel to the hamsters, it's the best animal act since Murphy's Educated Chickens."
|July 1989 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|