Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st July 1989 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||26th July 1989|
|Next episode||2nd August 1989|
Kevin feels that Sally is taking her test too soon. Vera attacks Jack's trousers with scissors, slicing them all up. Mark is roped into giving Sally last-minute lessons in the car. Mike is shocked when Maurice Jones tells him that he wants to buy the factory off him. The Brennans and Tilsleys have a picnic. Nicky proves to be a handful. Maurice tells Mike that he's serious about the factory and tells him to name the price. Nicky misses his dad and is rude to Don. Ivy feels that it's Gail's fault that Nicky is playing up. Mark tells Sally that his car needs a new cylinder head so she won't be able to use it for her test.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, front room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Heaton Park
- Unknown streets
- Long-term scriptwriter Ken Blakeson makes his debut with this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Vera’s sharp revenge on Jack makes him housebound, and Alec wonders just how long this misunderstanding will leave him short-staffed. Mike is taken by surprise when a tempting offer comes out of the blue.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,780,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
|July 1989 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|