Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th August 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||28th August 1989|
|Next episode||4th September 1989|
Gail and Martin spend the night together. In the morning he leaves early. The factory girls find the gates are locked. Maurice Jones tells them that the factory is closed. Ivy tries to contact Mike. Mike moves out of his flat and into No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays. He tells Ivy and Vera that he sold the factory as a going concern and it is Maurice's responsibility. Gail fears that she was a one-night stand for Martin. Kevin watches Sally practising with Mark on the racetrack. She gets fed up waiting for Mark when he chats a girl up and drives the car on her own - it goes out of control and crashes.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Maurice Jones - Alan Moore
- Josie Phillips - Siobhan Finneran (Credited as "Josie Philips")
- Dawn Prescott - Louise Harrison
- Marge Butler - Sherry Ormerod
- Flat Owner - Denise Armon
- Removal Man - Jack Clark
- Man at Race - Kieran Cunningham
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room, kitchen, bedroom and hallway
- St. Mary's Place
- Weatherfield Quays
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- High Edge Raceway
- Location OB recording for the exterior of St. Mary's Place was conducted at an apartment block immediately south of St. John's Gardens, Lower Byrom Street, Manchester, next to the Museum of Science and Industry and Granada Television's Quay Street studios. The flat in real life was owned by Johnny Briggs as his weekday base in Manchester. See 46b, St. Mary's Place for other appearances and further details of the site. The shot of Martin Platt on the street was recorded on Tonman Street next to the apartment blocks. The exterior of the Air and Space Gallery of the Museum of Science and Industry can be seen in the background.
- Location OB recording for the exterior of Weatherfield Quays was conducted at Salford Quays. The ex-Baldwin's Casuals girls cross from Vancouver Quay heading towards St. Lawrence Quay over Mariner's Canal which is near the site of the present-day Media City Studios.
- TV Times synopsis: There's more than one shock in store for the factory girls when they try to get into work. Sally Webster's long-awaited test drive has alarming results.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 20,070,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|August 1989 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|